GMS: v.111 – Maple Class Reunion Update Notes!
This is a rather interesting patch. So apparently, we’re getting a taste of the old Maple? For me, this is pretty awesome considering that I’ve played Maple for a good 6 years, it’s always fun to feel what it felt like as a Mapler two to three years ago. So let’s get to what the update notes are!
- Talk to Cassandra about a crack in the Dimensional Mirror, then use the Dimensional Mirror (found in most towns) to travel back to a past version of Maple World from before Big Bang.
- You’ll be able to visit old versions of Maple Island, Lith Harbor, Henesys, Ellinia, Perion, Kerning City, and Sleepywood.
- Numerous old quests will be available.
- Completing each quest in the past areas will earn you one Old Maple Coin.
- Talk to NPC Inkwell in the Old Maple areas to trade in Old Maple Coins for a variety of old Maple items.
- Inkwell is in Henesys, Ellinia, Perion, Kerning City, and Sleepywood.
- Items you can purchase from Inkwell include:
|5th Anniversary Hat
Maple 6th Anniversary Gloves
Maple 3000-Day Cape
Blue Maple Bandana
White Maple Bandana
Maple 3000-Day Medal
Underneath the Maple Tree…
Maple Flag: 1000 Days
1500 Anniv. Flag
Maple Soul Singer
Maple Duke Katara
Maple Soul Searcher
Maple Dragon Axe
Maple Storm Finger
Maple Storm Pistol
Maple Doom Singer
Maple Lama Staff
Maple Cleat Katara
Maple Steel Axe
Maple Havoc Hammer
Maple Cannon Shooter
Maple Wisdom Staff
Maple Asura Dagger
Maple Soul Rohen
Maple Shine Wand
Maple Soul Spear
Maple Demon Axe
Maple Dark Mate
Maple Glory Sword
Maple Golden Claw
Maple Kandiva Bow
- For a limited time, you can make as many Legends characters (Cannoneer, Mercedes, Demon Slayer) as you want, as long as you have open character slots.
- Wanted Posters will be added to most towns.
- Accept the Bounty Hunter quests from a Wanted Poster.
- Depending on the week, you will be required to hunt a Red Mask, a Zombuddy, or a Bully.
- Round 1: Red Mask, June 6 – June 12
- Round 2: Zombuddy, June 13 – June 19
- Round 3: Bully, June 20 – June 26
- Collect a Bounty Mark from the drops of the appropriate target and bring it back to Cassandra.
- These quests are repeatable.
- Quest rewards include experience, mesos, and one of the following five items:
- Scroll for Gloves for Magic Attack 60%: Magic ATT +1, INT +1, Success Rate: 60%.
- Clean Slate Scroll 10%: Restore 1 available upgrade lost to failed scrolls. Untradeable. Cannot be used on Cash items. Success Rate: 10%.
- Swiss Cheese: +220 Magic ATT for 2 minutes.
- Chocolate Cream Cupcake: Restores 300 HP/MP, +30 ACC/Speed/Jump for 3 minutes. Untradeable.
- Melting Cheese: Restores 4000 HP.
- At the end of the each week, the top 20 players who have slain the most wanted criminals out of all the worlds will receive the exclusive Maple Bounty Hunter medal and Maple Point prizes.
- Maple Bounty Hunter: Req Lv: 13, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +7, Max HP/MP +100, Weapon/Magic ATT +7, Weapon/Magic DEF +100, ACC/AVOID +100, Speed/Jump +7. One-of-a-kind item, untradeable.
- Accept this quest from the Wanted Poster located in most towns.
- Collect 50 Wanted Criminal Clues from monster drops and turn them in to Cassandra to receive experience, mesos and special equipment:
- Bounty Hunter Belt: Req Lv: 30, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +3, Weapon/Magic DEF +20, grants additional +2 to STR/DEX/INT/LUK and +5 to Jump to the upcoming GMS exclusive character. A Sharing Tag is required to move it within the account.
- Bounty Hunter Badge: Req Lv: 50, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +5, Max HP/MP +200, ACC/AVOID +10, Speed +5, grants additional +5 to STR/DEX/INT/LUK and +3 to Weapon/Magic ATT to the upcoming GMS exclusive character. A Sharing Tag is required to move it within the account.
- The MTS will be shutting down for the foreseeable future.
- You will be unable to post on the MTS following the update, and all items you have posted will be returned to you.
- Please retrieve the items in your Transfer Inventory before the MTS is completely closed.
Yup, that’s all! I think I’ll be spending quite a bit of time doing the old quests because I totally want to get my hands on some of those old items! Totally neat~ n_n I can’t believe they would even offer up some of that old stuff. Old Maple Bandanas? Even though I predict they’d go WAY down in price with this patch, I can’t wait to get one!
That’s all for now!